Monday, April 14, 2008

Tarnation

Does everyone who starts one of these blog thingies go through a "what in the world am I supposed to do with this thing" moment? I mean, who wants to read the thoughts of another random whitebread guy who lives in the middle of nowhere?
On the other hand, I appear to have committed myself and I'm not one to back down from committments. Usually.
Besides, the riding around here is awful right now. Through the winter and into the early spring a deluge of moisture has descended on us that had me pining for the good ol' days of dusty dry trails. It does seem like an awfully long time since I've been able to do any quality riding. From what I've heard the equestrians have been out in force, thoughtfully rutting up our wonderful trail systems at Minor Park. The next time a horse kicks at me as I ride by it on the trail I'm gonna kick back!
I'm going to have to work extra hard to get a few rides in this spring due to my upcoming nuptials. Amazingly I was able to convince an unbelievably beautiful, smart and funny woman to spend the rest of her life with me. My family was beginning to express doubts as to whether or not I would be able to accomplish the feat. I finally did it, Ma!
So in the midst of hole punching programs and tying ribbons on tiny bottle of bubbles I've got to squeeze in some two-wheeled fun time. Here's hoping for dry and windy days...

2 comments:

caitlin said...

so i see you decided to write a blog! and i love it! lol i hope the weather cooperates for you so you can get on those dusty trails.

Lis Heal said...

Todd! Welcome to the blog world...I never know what to write about on mine, by the way.